Section 1 of the three faculties and was started as a residential university. Art, Science and the Faculty of Law in Sanskrit and Bengali, English, education, history, Arabic, Islamic Studies, Persian and Urdu, philosophy, economics and politics, physics, chemistry, mathematics and law.
877. The first session was different sections of the total number of students and number of teachers was only 60. The university’s first student Lila Nag (English Department; MA 1923). Renowned educationist and teacher at the University at its inception was involved in the Harprashad Shastri, FC Turner, Muhammad Shahidullah, Jieica. Langley, Haridas Bhattacharya, Dabliuejenakinsa, Ramesh Chandra Majumdar, Sir. F. Rahman, Satyendra Nath Bose, Naresacandra Sengupta, Jnanacandra Ghosh. Due to the instability of the Second World War and the partition of India University Advancement is somewhat hindered. In 1947, India and Pakistan, the two independent countries. Then the capital of the province of Bengal, East Pakistan at the University of Dhaka University Center is imbued with the aspiration of the people. The activities of the university are to start with renewed vigor. The college is affiliated with the University of the East 55. Five new faculties in the period 1947-71, 16 new departments and institutes were established four.
What Pak Occupation Forces Done
Act 195 of 1971, the movement began to fight for the freedom of the glory of the university. Pakistani army attacked the university in the war of liberation. The university teachers, employees and students have been killed, including the innumerable innocent humans. University teachers and students to keep a strict ordinance introduced in 1961, Ayub Khan’s government after independence in terms of the demand for cancellation of the teachers from the Sixties, the Ordinance was repealed by the National Assembly, the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Dhaka University Order -1973 issued. The University is conducting this order.  1930 34 Jagannatha Lalit Mohan Chatterjee, Principal of the College, Dhaka madrassa (the poet Nazrul Government College) caretaker Shamsul Ulema Abu Nasr Muhammad Waheed, Muhammad Ali (Aligarh), Presidency College Principal H. eicaarajemasa, Presidency College Professor CW. Peak, and the Sanskrit College Chancellor satiscandra. Nathan published the positive report in 1913 and it was approved in December of that year. Sadler formed in 1917 to offer positive, the Commission on 13 March 1920 the Indian Parliament passed “The Dhaka University Act (Act No. 13) 1920 ‘. Rafiqul Islam, a book about the events of the next 80 years, according to the university, Nathan Committee proposed the establishment of the University of Dhaka’s Ramna area of 450 acres. This place was the college, the Government House, the Secretariat and the Government Printing Press offices.
Act 195 of 1971, the movement began to fight for the freedom of the glory of the university. Pakistani army attacked the university in the war of liberation. The university teachers, employees and students have been killed, including the Bahujan Samaj. University teachers and students to keep a strict ordinance introduced in 1961, Ayub Khan’s government after independence in terms of the demand for cancellation of the teachers from the Sixties, the Ordinance was repealed by the National Assembly, the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Dhaka University Order -1973 issued. This order is being conducted by the university.
This is the country’s oldest university, 13 faculties, 70 departments, 11 institutes and 39 research centers. The students are to stay in the residence halls and hostels 20.
- Institute of Eduction & Research (IER), the country’s education sector development and modernization of schools, academics and Science Education Institute with the aim of establishing the university as the first institution of USAID funded by the Colorado State College (now the University of Northern Colorado) Technical assistance was established in 1959. There are several courses in the Institute’s four-year BEd (Hons), MA in one year. Ed (regular), two-year MA. Ed evening courses, MA. Phil. And Ph.D.
- Statistical Research and Training Institute: Popularly known as I S R T. The institution was established in 1964. Statistician Dr. Kazi Motahar Hossain was the founding director of the Institute, the Director of the Mohammed Shoeb. The Institute of Applied Statistics ranging four-year (Honors) and a one-year MA. S courses are taught.
- Institute of Business Administration
- Institute of Nutrition and Food Science